Ghanaian attacker John Antwi says the offer and status of Al-Ahly is too good to ignore having completed his switch to the Egyptian giants.
The 22-year-old officially signed a four-year contract with Egyptian champions Ahly, the club announced late on Monday.
“Antwi signed a four-year contract after $1 million was paid to Saudi Arabian club Al-Shabab,” Ahly announced in a statement on its official website.
Early last week, Ghana’s leading football news website www.ghanasoccernet.com announced that Ahly had reached an agreement to buy the remaining period of the contract of Antwi, starting next summer.
“Ahly is the biggest club in Africa with a glorious history of achievements. Any player can’t say no to a big club like Ahly,” the player told Al-Nahar TV station ahead of signing the contract.
Antwi, 22, spent two years in the Egyptian league playing for Ismaily, scoring 28 goals, before joining Saudi’s Al-Shabab for more than $2 million last winter but he failed to book a regular place in the starting lineup.
Antwi started his senior football career with Ghanaian side Eleven Wise Sekondi in 2011 before joining Ismaily in December 2012.
Before joining Ismaily, Antwi had trials at Ahly and Beni Suef Telephones.
On Sunday, Ahly coach Fathi Mabrouk praised Antwi, saying the striker can make the change in the Red Devils frontline next season.
For more Ghana football news visit www.ghanasoccernet.com
This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.