Five Teacher Trainees Injured In A Burning Vehicle


Five students from the Gbewaa College of Education in Pusiga in the Upper East region are currently receiving treatment at Akunye memorial hospital for injuries the generated from a vehicle burnt during their floating on the Bawku-Pusiga road as part of their SRC week celebration.

As part of the program line up for this year’s SRC week celebration of the Gbewaa college of education, today Thursday 11th of June, 2015 happens to be the day the students will float on the principal streets of Pusiga and Bawku.

They begun around 3:00 pm with three long vehicles one carrying the sounds system with about 200 students and the other two carrying about 150 students each with jama groups, they left campus singing and dancing as they floated through Pusiga township.

Their joy was ruined when one of the vehicles they were floating on caught fire. The incident got some of the students injured when they were jumping from the vehicle for their lives sending five of them to the sick bed.

The floating was brought to an end as the students decided they can’t continue singing and dancing with their colleagues on the sick bed.

Some of the students took to the social media to thank God and wish their injured colleagues well as they receive treatment.

Awada Bismark Otovon wrote on facebook “Thanks to the Lord almighty for our lifes, we de student body of Gbewaa Colleage of Education were embacking on float today as part of de SRC WEEK CELEBRATION ATIVITIES, on our journey through de principal streets of Bawku, the flat body vehicle we were all packed inside got fire and was burning to flames instantly, with christ intervention we the lucky ones escaped from deugly incident and the unlucky ones got wounded n admitted at the hospital.

We pray for their speedy recovery n thank God for not loss in any life.”

Another student Joel Avoka wrote “We thank de Almighty God 4 saving de lives of Gbewaa college of education students. may his name be praise 4 his loving mercy.But let’s keep praying 4 de few who are injured.

God will protect dem.Let’s thank God once again.” The fire is believed to have been caused by a leaking generator which was powering the sounds system they were using in the vehicle.


More General News »


Comments:
This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.

Comments