Bolgatanga, June 5, GNA – The United Cadres Front (UCF) has called on Ghanaians to bear with government as it seeks to address the current economic and energy challenges.
Members of the Upper East Regional branch of the UCF made the call in Bolgatanga as part of activities to mark the 36th anniversary of June 4 Revolution.
A statement signed by the Interim Chairman of the Regional UCF, Mr Asakeya Alagskoma Noble and copied to Ghana News Agency in Bolgatanga, said among the factors accounting for the current challenges is the 70 per cent of revenue being used to pay public sector wages leaving only 30 per cent for development projects.
‘This development puts government in a very challenging situation as it tries to provide for other equally important needs of its citizens,’ the statement said.
It said the unprecedented expansion of the rural electrification programme by previous governments is also compounding the nation’s energy concerns.
‘We urge all Ghanaians to bear with the government since pragmatic measures have been put in place including plans to construct two more energy projects in Upper East and Northern Regions to fix the problem,’ it said.
‘The president’s decision to make a downward review of salaries of Article 72 office holders clearly demonstrates selflessness, sacrifice and patriotism, which are driving forces of the June 4 Revolution,’ the statement said.
Whilst sympathising with the bereaved families of the recent fire and flood disaster that hit Accra, it called on the security agencies to hasten up their investigations on the murder of Mr Mahama Adam, the Upper East Regional Chairman of the New Patriotic Party.
This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.