Victims Of NIS Recruitment Tragedy Write President Buhari

AN OFFICIAL OF THE NIGERIAN IMMIGRATION SERVICE CARRYING ON HIS BACK, A FAINTED FEMALE APPLICANT DURING THE SERVICE'S RECRUITMENT IN IBADAN ON SATURDAY (15/3/14).

AN OFFICIAL OF THE NIGERIAN IMMIGRATION SERVICE CARRYING ON HIS BACK, A FAINTED FEMALE APPLICANT DURING THE SERVICE’S RECRUITMENT IN IBADAN, OYO STATE (NAN)

Some victims of the ill-fated Nigerian Immigration Service, NIS, recruitment exercise, yesterday wrote to President Muhammadu Buhari pleading with him to ensure that their employment letters, which the previous government said was ready, are given to the beneficiaries, just as they rejected plans to conduct fresh screening for victims.

The coordinator of the NIS victims in Edo State, Comrade Edmund Osumah, who stormed the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) secretariat in Benin City, Edo State in company of the victims, said they had to make the urgent appeal following insinuations that those in charge of the letters may have substituted names of affected victims for their own preferred candidates.

He said, “It has been well over one month that the NIS victims were finally screened nationwide and ever since then, they have been told repeatedly that their appointment letters were ready. However, issuing the said letters that have purportedly been ready for over a month has become an insurmountable task for the NIS officials at Abuja central command.

“It will also interest you to know sir, that while even the families of the deceased victims that were shown on national television receiving appointment letters from the former president Goodluck Ebele Jonathan are still at home”.

Comments