30 outstanding entrepreneurs in Ghana will be inducted into a hall of fame in April in recognition of their contributions toward the development of the private sector.
The Entrepreneurs Foundation of Ghana (EFG), organisers of the historical event in partnership with the Ministry of Trade and Industry, have nominated scores of entrepreneurs, some of whom will be inducted into the Hall of Fame.
A panel of experts comprising officials from both the private and public sector will carefully select the final list of inductees who will be inducted at a special ceremony slated for Friday, April 24 at the State Banquet Hall, Accra.
Speaking in an interview, the chief Executive Officer of the EFG, Sam Ato Gaisie said the Hall of Fame honours has been introduced in celebration of the 5th anniversary of the Ghana Entrepreneur Awards.
The event is being organized on the theme “Celebrating five years of honoring Entrepreneurial Excellence”.
“We have been awarding and celebrating entrepreneurs over the last four years and in our fifth year we are introducing this unique form of recognition to honour the hardworking entrepreneurs whose toil has contributed to the development of Ghana,” Mr Gaisie said.
He was of the opinion that the induction of the entrepreneurs will encourage the inductees and young entrepreneurs to contribute to the development of the economy.
“The Entrepreneur Hall of Fame honors is a shortlisted of elite group of most outstanding entrepreneurs who have been recognized and honored by Entrepreneurs Foundation for their exceptional entrepreneurial achievements and accomplishment in creating economic and social values,” he added.
Some of the nominees include:
1. Dr. Alhaji Asoma Banda,Founder & Chairman,Antrak Group of Companies
2. Mr. Saied Assad Fakhry.Chairman, Interplast Ltd
3. Mr. Bhagwan Khubchandani, Chairman .Melcom Group of Companies
4. Mr.Ramchand Udharam Mohinani,Founder ,Mohinani Group of Companies
5. Mr John Taylor , Founder & Executive Chairman ,Surfline Communications
6. Sir Dr.Sam Esson -Jonah ,Executive Chairman- Jonah Capital
7. Mr Prince Kofi Amoabeng ,C.E.O of UT Bank and President, UT Holdings.
8. Dr. Alhaji Yusif Ibrahim ,Executive Chairman,Dara Salem Group of Companies
9. Togbe Afede XIV, Founder ,SAS Finance Group
10. Dr Kwabena Adjei Group Chairman & Founder / Kasapreko Company Ltd
11. Dr. Theresa Oppong-Beeko,President,Manet Group of Companies
12. Mr Edward Effah,Managing Director, Fidelity Bank Ghana Ltd
13. Mr Kwesi Amoafo-Yeboah Chairman /I-Tel Ghana Ltd
14. Dr. Osei Kwame, Chief Executive Officer,Despite Group of Companies
15. Dr.Ernest Ofori Sarpong,Chief Executive Officer,Special Ice Company Ltd
16. Mr Ernest Bediako Sampong CEO/ Ernest Chemist Ltd
17. Mr Kofi Nsiah Poku CEO Kinapharma Group of Companies
18. Dr. Kwame kyei,Chief Executive Officer,Unity Group of Companies
19. Mr. Obed Danquah, Executive Chairman. Morgan Group of Companies
20. Ms. Adelaide Ahwireng Chief Executive Officer ,Fio Enterprises Ltd
21. Mrs. Cecilia Kwofie ,Chief Executive Officer,Domod Aluminium Co Ltd
22. Mrs. Kate Quartey-Papafio ,Chief Executive Officer, Reroy Cables Limited
23. Mrs Grace Amey-Obeng,Chief Executive Officer ,FC Group of Companies
24. Mr. Samuel Amo Tobbin,Executive Chairman Tobinco Group of Companies
25. Mr. Ghassan Yared ,Chairman ,Forewin Group of Companies
26. Mr Kwame Achampong- kyei. Executive Chairman,Glico Group of Companies
27. Mr Kwesi Twum CEO/Multi Media Group of Companies
28. Dr. Micheal Agyekum Addo Chairman,Kama Group of Companies
29. Prof. Edmund Nyminyem Delle, Founder ,Rabito Clinic Limited
30. Alhaji Mustapha Oti Boateng Chief Executive Officer, Chocho Industries Co.Ltd
31. Dr Patrick Awuah President, Ashesi University
32. Dr Kweku Oteng, CEO of Angel Group of Companies
33. Mr Rockson Kweku Dogbegah, Chairman, Berock Ventures Limited
34. Mr Macdonald Vasnani, CEO, Consolidated Shipping Agency Limited
This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.