Ghana striker Mahatma Otoo has been told by doctors his recent thigh injury is not as serious as initially feared and that he should return to action ‘soon’.
The 23-year-old has been replaced in the Black Stars squad for this month’s friendlies against Senegal and Mali over the injury sustained last week while in action for his Norwegian club Sogndal.
Initial tests conducted on Wednesday reveal the former Hearts of Oak captain has suffered no tear in his muscles.
Further tests are however required to determine how long he will be out for.
“Doctors say the injury is not serious after the first test,” Otoo told GHANAsoccernet.com.
“They say I will return to action soon but then I need to do more tests to know when exactly I will return.”
The injury setback is a massive blow for Mahatma Otoo who was hoping to get precious international game time under his belt in the friendlies against Senegal and Mali on Saturday and Tuesday respectively in France.
He has since been replaced by Chicago Fire striker David Accam.
For more Ghana football news visit www.ghanasoccernet.com
This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.