Man Kills Son, Commit Suicide

Kwasi Martin, a 35-year-old man who allegedly hacked his stepson to death, has also taken his own life. Kwasi Martin was rushed to the st Dominic’s Hospital at Akwatia in the Eastern Region after allegedly consuming a poisonous substance moments after butchering his one-and-a-half-year-old stepson to death at the Akwatia GCD Camp in the Demkyembour District on Wednesday.

He died yesterday while undergoing treatment.

The man had allegedly butchered three people, including his ex-wife and the stepson on the same day.

The mortal remains of the stepson have since been deposited at the hospital awaiting autopsy, while his exwife, Theresa Nayrko, 24, and another man who also suffered serious injuries, had been admitted at the same health facility for treatment.

The Akwatia Police Commander, ASP Francis Aboagye, confirming the incident to DAILY GUIDE, disclosed that Kwasi Martin hailed from Suhum in the same region, while the ex-wife had been staying with her parents at Akwatia after both separated two years ago.

According to the police officer, Martin on Wednesday went to the family house at Akwatia to visit the estranged wife.

He said Theresa took Martin inside her room to welcome him, while her parents were outside chatting.

ASP Aboagye said some 15 minutes later, the lady’s mother heard her daughter shouting in the room and before she could enter, Martin had knifed the ex-wife’s stomach and stabbed the stepson to death.

ASP Aboagye said Theresa’s mother raised an alarm, adding that a certain man who heard the woman shouting entered the house to rescue her and was also injured by Martin.

The Akwatia police chief said that when Martin realised that he could not escape arrest, he managed to take a tin of insecticide spray and drank its contents, but the neighbours rushed the dead stepson and the other victims to the st Dominic’s Hospital for treatment.

FROM Daniel Bampoe, Akwatia

More General News »

This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.