The dating game is fun but the thrill of flirting and meeting lots of different women loses its appeal extremely quickly.
We all want to find ‘the one’, that person who is our complete soulmate and who we can envisage sharing our entire lives with. Problem is, they’re VERY difficult to find.
There are a lot of boxes that perfect person has to tick, but they are out there.
In a relationship and think that it could be something special?
Here’s one for the guys: the signs to look out for that mean you may have just found that person and you should keep her in your life forever.
1. She defends you no matter what you do or say and she is always your number one supporter. Even when you’re in the wrong.
2. She makes you laugh and gets your sense of humour…
3. …and she laughs at your jokes. Not out of pity but because she genuinely thinks you’re funny.
4. Her dad approves. He will be your biggest challenge and if you can get past that hurdle and he actually thinks you’re a pretty decent guy for his daughter, then this says a lot.
5. She plays the PlayStation with you and you want to watch TOWIE with her.
6. She always knows what to say to cheer you up whether it’s reassuring you over a work worry or saying ‘do you fancy a takeaway tonight?’
7. You can see her as your wife and the thought of a wedding doesn’t bring you out in a cold sweat but is actually quite exciting.
8. Any problem of yours, she will automatically treat as hers even if it would otherwise not have directly affected her.
10. She puts up with your bad habits. Sometimes she will even join you in a post meal belch or a downstairs scratch.
11. She is happy to look her worst in front of you. And you still find her beautiful.
12. You’re in sync in the bedroom and know what makes her tick. And she has ALL the right moves for you.
13. You can tell her your most shameful secrets and know that they will go no further.
14. She buys the best, most thoughtful gifts that you didn’t even realise you wanted until you receive them.
16. She doesn’t get jealous when you work with a pretty colleague or meet a female friend for drinks because she trusts you totally.
17. She doesn’t just support your career, she takes an interest in it. Even if you’re an accountant and your office stories are a bit dull.
18. You miss her when you’re apart. Obvious, but important.
19. You share everything from a plate of food to a shower and from shameful secrets to gossip. Anything you know or have is instantly hers too and vice versa.
20. She wears your clothes and suits them way more than you do.
21. She gives little personal gestures like allowing you the first shower or offering you the last slice of pizza. Just because she loves you.
22. You have a shared group of friends.
23. You prefer nights in with your girl than a night out any day.
24. You always know what she is thinking without her having to say anything.
25. To steal a line from As Good As It Gets she makes you want to be a better man.
26. She still gives you butterflies every time you see her.
27. She is the highlight of your day, even if she doesn’t do or say anything particularly exciting.
28. You show her off to everyone to the point of it being downright boastful.
29. You can enjoy separate experiences without feeling guilty and then share the tales with each other afterwards. Because you respect each other’s space as much as you love your together time.
30. She looks after you when you’re ill, no matter how much of a drama queen you are being.
31. Everything you see in the news or hear from a friend, you wonder what she will think of it.
32. You are protective of her, even if it isn’t necessary.
33. You have pictured what your children will look like and don’t actually cringe at yourself for having picked out names you think she will like.
34. She loves you completely, despite your flaws, and you never, ever doubt it.