Restaurant at airport goes up in flames


Two people have been hospitalized following a fire outbreak at a private restaurant at the cargo section of the Kotoka International Airport.

The incident occurred early Thursday morning.
According to a worker at the Hungry Home Restaurant, a tube connected to a gas cylinder disconnected from the valve, sparking fire while they were cooking.

Almost everything at the restaurant was burnt, the worker told Joy News’ Beatrice Adu.

According to an eyewitness, she had parked her car and was about to enter the restaurant when she spotted smoke coming out from the roof.

She said she heard a voice of a lady scream “I am dead”, moments before the fire exploded to other sections of the restaurant.

Even though no death has been recorded yet, the eyewitness said she saw one unconscious person being rushed to hospital.


More General News »


Comments:
This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.

Comments