Former Federal Commissioner for Information, Chief Edwin Clark, Wednesday adduced reasons why the war against Boko Haram insurgents still lingers.
The frontline Ijaw leader, a staunch supporter of President Goodluck Jonathan, said the military for some time, was prevented from launching full blown attack against the terrorists in the North-East.
The recent development, according to Mr. Clark, was a plus to President Jonathan as the military has been able to recover over 30 towns initially taken over by the insurgents.
Speaking in Abuja while playing host to some groups – the National PDP professionals, National Coalition for Jonathan/Sambo 2015, Relate International Prayer Group, Northern Missionary Forum and One God, One Nation Peoples Initiative, who paid him a solidarity visit, the elder statesman said, “Today 30 communities taken by the rebels have been reclaimed. Jonathan is a war general. No one else could have done what he did few days ago. He visited Baga, Moguno and other places to show his support for troops fighting the insurgents.
“The war is not a conventional war. The opposition thought he won’t get the lost zones back. People had been preventing the army from fighting the insurgents before. There were saboteurs. But now, there game plan is over”.
He further declared that Jonathan by the recent achievement in the fight against insurgency, has proven that he is a war general.
Clark also noted that President Jonathan is thinking so much about the Nigerian youth having created great opportunities for child education.