Here’s 5 things you may or may not have known about the Brazil legend Ronaldinho, who won the 2002 World Cup as well as the Champions League with FC Barcelona in 2006.
1. Ronaldinho has played 97 matches and scored 33 goals for Brazil, making him the eighth-highest goalscorer in the Selecao’s history.
2. His football skills began to blossom at the age of 8 and he was given the nickname ‘Ronaldinho’ because he was often the youngest and smallest player in his youth club matches.
3. At the age of 13 he played a match where he scored 23 goals in his team’s 23-0 victory. This event caught the attention of the media.
4. In 2003 he joined FC Barcelona after the Catalan club outbid Manchester United for his signature. â‚¬30 million was the transfer fee that brought Ronaldinho to Spain.
5. Ronaldinho was awarded the Ballon d’Or award in 2004 & 2005. If you remember when YouTube was brand new, you might recall that a 2005 Nike advertisement featuring Ronaldinho performing impressive feats with a soccer ball was the first YouTube video to break 1 million views.
Did you know these facts about one of the all-time greats in the game?
For more sports news visit allSports.com.gh
This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.