Fire guts part of Korle-Bu


Fire today destroyed the Drugs Information Unit of the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital in Accra.

According to eyewitnesses, the fire was caused by a faulty air-conditioner. But the fire service however says it is early days yet to ascertain the cause of the fire. 

The fire destroyed office stationery, furniture in two offices of the top floor of the Korle-Bu main pharmacy and a common room situated in the building.

“The damage was not very extensive because of the prompt arrival of the fire service,” Samuel Nana Brenya, Regional Fire Commander told Joy News.

One person, whose name was given as Raymond Tetteh is said to have sustained injuries when he tried to escape when the fire was raging at about 1 pm Monday.

He was rushed to the Accident Centre of the hospital for treatment.

“He was escaping out of the fire and he got hurt. The place became very smoky and his attempt to get away from the smoke he got himself hurt,” an eye witness told Joy News.


More General News »


Comments:
This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.

Comments