Borno Market Suicide Bombers Were Teenage Girls – Dep gov

BORNO DEPUTY GOVERNOR, ALHAJI MUSTAPHA ZANNAH, APPEALING TO PEOPLE FROM ASHIGASHIYA COMMUNITY IN GWOZA LGA OF BORNO WHO RELOCATED TO CAMEROON TO RETURN HOME

BORNO DEPUTY GOVERNOR, ALHAJI MUSTAPHA ZANNAH, APPEALING TO PEOPLE FROM ASHIGASHIYA COMMUNITY IN GWOZA LGA OF BORNO WHO RELOCATED TO CAMEROON TO RETURN HOME

The Deputy Governor of Borno State, Alhaji Zannah Mustapha, on Friday said the bomb attack on Biu Main Market on Thursday was carried out by twin teenage female suicide bombers.

The deputy governor, while condemning the incident, also revealed that eight persons died in the explosion and 20 others were injured.

Mustapha, who was speaking to journalists, said several attempts had been made in the past by the terror group to invade Biu, one of which resulted in the killing of over 40 terrorists.

He, however, expressed shock that the sect could wreak such havoc on Thursday, saying though the people of Biu and elsewhere in the state had been vigilant, they needed to do more in order to shut out the activities of the terror group.

Mustapha added, “Information at my disposal shows that two little girls were responsible for the attack at the market.

“I also learnt that eight persons were killed in the attack and 20 persons injured. We, on our part as government, will give support to the families of those that were killed and help the victims of those lost. But we can only do little as lives lost cannot be brought back”.

He assured the people of the state that the insurgency was drawing to a close, going by the assurances and dedication of the military.

Comments