Oti Akenten off to AFCON

Soccer News of Tuesday, 13 January 2015

Source: Graphic Online

Oti Akenten New

The Technical Director of the Ghana Football Association (GFA), Francis Oti Akenten, left Accra for Malabo on Sunday, en route to Mongomo in the Wele-Nzas Province of Equatorial Guinea, following his appointment as a member of the CAF Technical Study Group for the 2015 AFCON.

Coach Akenten has been tasked to analyse the various group matches in Mongomo and present a report to the Technical Directorate of CAF.

Briefing the Daily Graphic prior to his departure, Coach Akenten said he would fly directly to Malabo to spend a few days there before leaving for his base at Mongomo where the Black Stars will be based, alongside Senegal, South Africa and Algeria.

Describing his appointment as a vote of confidence for his technical abilities in modern soccer, coach Akenten assured to perform his duties in an efficient and effective manner to win the confidence reposed in him.

According to Coach Akenten, he was one of the two CAF Technical Study Group members in the 2014 African Women’s Championship held in Namibia in September last year.

“CAF appointed only two members – myself and a female – to analyse the women’s championship in Namibia, so this is the second time CAF has recognised me to perform such a unique function,” he explained.

He said after the AFCON, he would return home to rest for a few days before honouring another invitation in Senegal in March during the 2015 Africa Youth Championship.

Comments