The Argentine clarified his earlier comments in which he claimed he did not know where he would be playing next year by saying he is happy at Camp Nou
Lionel Messi moved to scotch speculation he may leave Barcelona next summer by saying he has no intention of quitting the Catalan club.
The Argentine attacker, who came second to Cristiano Ronaldo in the Fifa Ballon d’Or vote on Monday, earlier raised eyebrows in the pre-ceremony press conference when he said he did not know where he would be playing next year.
But speaking in the mixed zone after Ronaldo was announced as the winner for the second year in succession, Messi said: “It’s a bit tiresome having to clarify everything I say.
“Often I don’t even come out and deny things or don’t speak to the media because they always change some of my words to create controversy.”
And the 27-year-old inisists he is not considering a move.
“I’m not thinking about leaving,” he said. “Not at all. All I said was that in football you never know what will happen in future.
“Last year at Barcelona was very hard for me personally and professionally and we will try to turn things around this season.”
Messi was also asked about his relationship with coach Luis Enrique following their recent fall-out, but claims the two are on good terms.
“It’s the same as with any other player in the dressing room – a coach to player relationship,” he said.
Perhaps surprisingly, one of Messi’s votes (as Argentina captain) in the coach category of the Ballon d’Or was for former foe Jose Mourinho, but the 27-year-old said: “He is a great coach. Whether you like him or not as a person, there is no doubt he is an amazing coach.”
This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.