The Manhyia Palace has denied media reports that some security guards have been sacked over a video in which President Mahama is seen dancing with the Asantehene.
A publication in Friday’s Chronicle newspaper alleged that several security personnel close to the Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu II had been replaced after the video was leaked.
The video, which was first published by Starrfmonline.com, had the Asantehene and President Mahama dancing heartily to the popular ‘Yentie Obiaa’ song, composed by popular highlife artiste, Daddy Lumba.
According to the report, the royal seat is baffled as to why and how the video was recorded in the first place, during a party which was supposed to be strictly by invitation and attended by only highly respected political functionaries and traditional rulers.
But the special assistant to the Manhyia Palace Chief of Staff has categorically denied the publication.
Kwame Aboagye Mensah in an exclusive interview with Starr News said no guards have been dismissed over the leaked video.
“We have not changed any guards here, all those who were at post are still at post,” Aboagye Mensah told Starr FM’s Ashanti regional correspondent, Isaac Bediako Justice.
According to Aboagye Mensah, the only guards removed from the Palace were done some six months ago after DCOP Kofi Boakye took over as the Ashanti regional Police commander.
“About six months ago, when this regional commander took over, one of his priorities was to see to the security of the Palace, so some recommendations were made and some of the officers who had spent almost 10 years were replaced with new ones, and that is almost six, eight months ago.
“So it is never true that we have changed any guards here over this leaked video,” he stressed.
This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.