Confirmed: Kotoko earn walkover as Lions pull out

Soccer News of Thursday, 8 January 2015

Source: footy-ghana.com

Asante Kotoko Players Celebrate

Footy-ghana.com can confirm that Sierra Leone champions, East End Lions have officially pulled out of this year’s CAF Champions League due to what the club describes as ‘lack of footballing activities’.

The Freetown-based club has been drawn against Asante Kotoko in the preliminary round of the competition, but the Secretary-General of the club, Abdul Rahman Davies had earlier revealed that, ‘The Killers’ as they are affectionately called, may not take part in this year’s competition.

“I don’t think Lions will be competing in the clubs continental big stage,” Rahman told footballsierraleone.net

Sierra Leone Football Association’s head of competitions, Sorie Ibrahim Sesay had also affirmed that Lions is unwilling to participate.

“They have been engaged to play Asante Kotoko of Ghana, but I don’t see their willingness to partake though not official yet,” he told footballsierraleone.net

Asante Kotoko thus earns a walkover into the next round of the CAF Champions League.

Comments