9-month old baby rescued from fire succumbs to injuries


A nine-month-old baby who sustained injuries from a fire outbreak in Osu Salem, has passed away.

This devastating blow comes on the heels of the death of his older sister yesterday.

The fire outbreak which occurred Friday , is suspected to have been caused by an electrical wiring problem. The blaze spread into five rooms of the family home and it took the intervention of the fire service to prevent the spread to other buildings.

The oldest child, a seven-year-old girl, managed to snatch the third-born away to safety. Unfortunately, her A six-year-old sister perished in the blaze.

The nine-month-old boy was also rescued from the building and rushed to the Police Hospital for treatment.

Family had been hopeful that the baby boy would survive after his rescue from the house. However, the little boy today succumbed to his injuries.  

A relative, Richard Aryee tells JOYNEWS it the parents are devastated but that the family is doing its best to contain the situation.

According to him, the two remaining children are doing well and they are attempting to console themselves with the knowledge that they, at least are safe and sound.

Comments:
This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.

Comments