The deceased, Ernest Oheme
One person was burnt to death while two others got severely injured when a metal scaffold they were working on touched an electricity high tension cable at Amasaman in the Ga West District of the Greater Accra Region.
The dead has been identified as Ernest Oheme, 24 years old, while his colleagues who got injured were also identified as David Awuku, 23 and Kenneth Awunor, 26.
All the three were said to be employees of Judefred Signs at Pokuase, opposite Festus Hotel.
Eyewitness account indicated that the three were standing on the scaffold and pasting an artwork on a storey building which was under the high tension when the incident occurred.
The incident, according to information gathered, occurred around 1:15 pm on Friday, September 25, 2014.
Confirming the incident to DAILY GUIDE , Superintendent George Kumah, Amasaman District Police Commander, said on that fateful day, police had information that someone had been electrocuted at Pobiman near the new toll booth.
At the scene, police gathered that the three were all workers of Judefred Signs and were assigned to paste an artwork on a storey building.
The victims then mounted a scaffold to the storey building, stood on it and were working when all of a sudden, it touched the high tension cable which was above them.
The deceased, Ernest, was electrocuted in the process because he was closest to the cable.
Mr. Kenneth Awunor was rushed to MD Clinic at Medie while David Awuku, whose condition was said to be critical, was sent to the Nsawam Government Hospital for a more intensive medical attention.
‘The two are currently responding to treatment,’ he added.
Meanwhile, the body of Ernest Oheme had been deposited at the Nsawam Government Hospital awaiting autopsy.
The owner of Judefred Signs, who was out of town when the accident occurred, has since been invited by the police to assist in their investigations.
By Linda Tenyah
( [email protected] )
Pix saved in new daily folder as ernest
This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.