The Ghana Premier League is the third best sponsored football league on the continent after signing a lucrative deal with First Capital Plus Bank.
The indigenous Ghanaian bank paid US$10 million for a five-year period to become headline sponsor of the league.
This means an annual amount of US$ 2 million during the period.
Only the South African Premier Soccer League with an annual US$ 17 million dollars and the Nigerian Premier League (US$ 4 million) are ranked above the Ghana league.
Top 15th Best Sponsored Football Leagues in Africa and Annual Sponsorship Money:
1. South Africa ABSA Premiership- USD$ 17 million
2. Nigeria Glo League USD$4 million
3. Ghana First Capital League USD$2 million
4. Tanzania USD$ 2million
5. Morocco Botola League USD$1.8 million
6 Cameroon MTN League USD$1.4 million
7. Bostwana B-Mobile League USD$1.4 million
8. Zimbabwe Castle League USD$1.2 million
9. Ivory Coast USD$1 million
10. Kenya Tusker League USD$ 645,000
11. DR Congo USD$ 523,000
12. Malawi League USD$ 454,000
13. Mali Orange League USD$450,000
14. Swaziland USD$ 140,000
15. Zambia MTN USD$ 83,000