The Accra Fast Track high court yesterday adjourned the trial of Johnson Kombian, the convicted jail break-er who is on trial for the murder of two police officers at the Nakpanduri Scarp in the northern region, to October 13, 2014.
A friend of Kombian, who was to testify for him, appeared in court yesterday but had to return because the suspect had not been brought to court. Justice Mustapha Habib Logoh consequently had the case adjourned to October 13 and 14 2014 on which dates the suspect would be in court.
The witness, who is into small scale mining, is a resident of Bunkprugu Yunyoo where the alleged incident took place.
The suspect had, in a previous appearance, given evidence in which he had denied the charges levelled against him, saying that he did not have anything to do with the deaths of the police officers—late Constables Prince Agyare and Owusu Frimpong.
He had also denied shooting the surviving police officer, Constable Osei Bonsu.
The suspect had told the court that he was not even in Ghana on November 17, 2010—the day the police officers were killed—adding that he was in Togo on the said day and could not have been the one who shot the officers. He also complained of police brutality and the burning of his house by the police when they were look-ing for him.
About six witnesses have so far testified against Kombian. They include ASP Mumuni Abdulai, the for-mer District PolicevCommander for Bunkprugu yunyoo, the pathologists who conducted post mortem on the deceased policemen and the surviving police officer, Constable Osei Bonsu.
By Fidelia Achama
This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.