Boy, 12, Beheaded

The deceased, popularly known as Paa Kwesi, was among four boys aged between 12 and 13 years allegedly lured onto a coconut farm on Monday where he was purportedly butchered by Fredrick Botwe, cutting his head off.

After committing the act, the suspect allegedly went into hiding until he was grabbed on Tuesday in an attempt to run away during the heavy downpour.

Botwe, aka Kwesi Ackom, 29, a welder, and the boys were reported to have gone to the coconut farm with intent to harvest some coconut fruits for sale.

Confirming the incident, DSP Kofi Sarkodie-Addo, Winneba District Police Crime Officer, said between 5:30 and 6:00 pm on Tuesday, August 26, 2014, the police had information that the people in the Nsuakyire town had conducted a search for the arrest of one Kwesi Ackom.

This, DSP Sarkodie-Addo said, was because the suspect had gone into hiding after allegedly committing the offence.

He explained that the police, upon a tipoff from the local people, effected the arrest of the suspect for him to stand trial.

The police chief stated that Kwesi Ackom, who is presently in the custody of the Winneba police, went into the farm with the four boys.

According to DSP Sarkodie-Addo, the suspect and Paa Kwesi were said to have gone in one direction under the pretext of harvesting some coconut for sale, while the three others also headed for a different end of the farm.

He said the three children said they heard a scream from the direction of Kwesi Ackom and Paa Kwesi and so followed up to inquire about what had triggered the noise.

DSP Sarkodie-Addo said the three boys, in an attempt to inquire about what had happened, met the suspect mid-way with blood stains in his attire, adding that when they asked of the whereabouts of Paa Kwesi, the suspect said he had led him out of the farm.

The Crime Officer stated that the three boys, looking at the mood of Botwe, also took to their heels while he (Botwe) chased them.

DSP Sarkodie-Addo intimated that the children, on reaching home, reported to their parents who in turn told the family of the deceased what had happened.

He said the family went to the farm only to discover the headless body of Paa Kwesi with his left and right wrists and knee severed.

The Police Officer said his outfit followed up to the farm and found a fertilizer sack containing the head of Paa Kwesi, after the family had reported the matter.

He disclosed that the head of the boy had been deposited at the Trauma and Specialist Hospital at Winneba awaiting autopsy.

Email: [email protected]
 By Jeffrey De-Graft Johnson

This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.