CPP Chairman Killed

Two of his house helps (names withheld) aged 25 and 27, were also sexually abused by the suspected armed robber.

The body of Mr. Akrofi, 66, who was a senior architect, has been deposited at the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital awaiting autopsy.

Briefing DAILY GUIDE , DSP Peter Yembillah, the Mile 7 District Police Commander, said the incident occurred around 4.00 am yesterday.

He said the police had a distress call that a gang of armed robbers had attacked a house at Asofan near Ofankor.

When the police got to the house, the perpetrators had fled but upon entering the main building, the police discovered a middle-aged man lying in a supine position dead.

An empty spent pistol shell allegedly used by the suspected armed robbers was also found in the room where Mr. Akrofi was lying in a pool of blood.

The body was taken to the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital for autopsy DSP Peter Yembillah disclosed.

Sexual Assault
The residence of the deceased, Hayford Akrofi at Asofan

Preliminary investigations at the scene revealed that two ladies lived in the house with the deceased; and were occupying the boys’ quarters adjacent opposite the main house.

The ladies (names withheld), according to information, aged between 25 and 27 were the first to be attacked by a man who was masked and wielding a pistol.

After subjecting them to severe beatings, the armed man tied the ladies at gun point separately; one in the bath room and the other in the main room. He turned to the main room and vehemently raped one of them before proceeding to the second one in the bath room.

After ejaculation, DSP Peter Yembillah claimed, he asked the second victim to lick his penis; he collected six mobile phones and an amount of GH¢60 from the girls before marching them to the main house where the deceased lived.

The District Commander said one of the ladies was compelled to call Mr. Akrofi – whom they address as their grandfather – to inform him that the other one was very sick and needed medical attention.

The ‘grandfather’ upon hearing the call, immediately opened the door with intent to attend to the ‘sick girl’ when the armed robber allegedly rushed into his room pointing the gun at his head.

The ladies were freed by the armed robber but their ‘grandfather’ was brutally beaten before ordering him to surrender all his money.

The deceased was said to have told the suspect that he had no money on him and that his wallet was even in his car parked in the compound.

The armed robber then fired twice at him, killing him instantly before fleeing the house.

Public Asked To Assist
Meanwhile, the police have asked the public to assist with information which could lead to the arrest of the suspected gun man.

( [email protected] )
 By Linda Tenyah

This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.