Headmaster of Awudome Senior High School at Awudome-Tsito in Ho West in the Volta Region is ruling out a case of food poisoning at the school.
Yesterday, six students of the School were admitted at the Ho municipal Hospital after suffering from suspected food poisoning.
Some of them were said to have had difficulty with their breathing while others complained of severe headache. Some were treated and discharged yesterday.
One of the affected students told Joy News her mates started experiencing what she said looks like an ‘asthma’ attack on Monday.
She said the condition of some of the students got worst on Sunday with a number of them collapsing during a church service and were rushed to hospital.
Currently feeling pains in her chest, the student said she ran to her uncle in town, when she started feeling uneasy, and was sent to hospital for treatment.
Joy News’ Volta Regional correspondent Mawuli Yevu Agbi who has been following the story reports that management members of the school were in a crunch meeting when he visited the school Monday morning.
He headmaster vehemently denied the claims of food poisoning. He argued since most of the students ate the same food, the number of victims should have been higher than reported.
He appealed to all to exercise patience for the medical report.
Meanwhile, parents who rushed to the school Monday morning to check on their wards were denied access, Yevu Agbi reports.
They were not allowed to see their wards to ascertain their health condition because it was not time for visitation, Yevu Agbi learnt.
This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.