Bulldog released after meeting bail requirements

Nana Asiama Hanson (Bulldog), manager of dancehall artiste, Shatta Wale has been released from police custody on Thursday.

Bulldog, who has been charged for allegedly murdering Fennec Okyere, a music producer was granted bail by the Human Rights Court on Wednesday.

He was picked up by police on May 15 in Kokomlemle, a suburb of Accra, as a prime suspect in the murder of Fennec Okyere who was killed at his residence on March 13 by unknown assailants. The deceased was the manager of hiplife artiste, Kwaw Kesse.

Bulldog made his first appearance at the Magistrate Court on Monday, May 19 and was remanded into police custody to reappear on June 2.

Not satisfied with the decision of the Magistrate Court, Myjoyonline.com later gathered that, lawyers for Bulldog took the matter to the Human Rights Court and requested for bail. The High Court upheld the request.

The Human Rights Court was reported to have granted the request by the defence counsel because the facts as presented by the police and upon which they were holding Bulldog were “speculative” and did not link him to the charges that had been preferred against him.

On that basis, the court ruled that, Bulldog deserved his freedom and should not even have been held for a day. The police ought to have granted him police enquiry bail, the court added.

About 40 fans, including Bulldog’s wife and Shatta Wale thronged the Cantonments Police Station early Wednesday in the hope of seeing him released.

There was an initial delay in the release of Bulldog because the bail conditions for his release were not met.

Myjoyonline.com has learnt that Bulldog has now met his bail conditions after the police inspected his land and house at Gbawe, a suburb of Accra.

Jacob Hanson, father of Bulldog, was among several fans and personalities who thronged the Human Rights High Court Thursday for his release.

Bulldog, clad in white and beaming with smiles, was seen in the company of his wife – who put back their wedding ring on his finger – after his release. It is believed he went straight home after his release. Story by Ghana | Myjoyonline.com | Ernest Dela Aglanu (Twitter: @delaXdela / Instagram: citizendela)

This article has 0 comment, leave your comment.