So you just met this new guy and you are so into him. It’s cool, but there are things you should avoid doing nomatter how excited you are dating him. Read on!
1. Rushing into s*x There isn’t a universal right time to become intimate with a new partner, however, if you have s*x before a man has had a chance to get to know you, then you risk him placing you in the “fling” category and losing interest. A man has to invest and appreciate your other qualities beyond the physical for him to want to make you his girlfriend. So don’t be afraid to take your time and make him wait until it feels right for you; the “three date rule” is a myth!
2. Opening up too fast Likewise, it isn’t smart to rush in and tell him all of your sad childhood stories. Although it’s natural to want to speed up the bonding process, you have to pace the amount of information you share. You don’t want to scare him offwith TMI or convince him that you’re a high-drama mamma.
3. Calling/texting/emailing too much While it’s true that we live in an age of over-sharing, you’ll just have to trust us on this one and play it cool. Men typically enjoy playing the role of the chaser, not the chasee, so constantly calling them can have the reverse effect of making them less interested, not more. So put down that phone, slowly back away from the computer, and let him sweat it out for a change.
4. Spying on him It may be tempting to take a quick peak at his Blackberry, but there’s no faster way to inflame trust issues than to snoop.
5. Expecting him to change People do not change very much as they get older, especially men. So if there are numerous things about him that you can’t stand, then it might be wiser to just change to a different man.
6. Neglecting yourself While it’s important to nurture a budding relationship, sacrificing all of your energy and time to it and ignoring your own needs is a huge mistake. Whether you’re in a relationship or not, you should always love and take care of yourself first.