Most of us can’t begin our day without our morning cup of tea. But did you know that tea does not only refresh and revitalise you in the morning, it also gives you a number of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants . If you’re still not a tea drinker, here are five reasons to drink tea regularly.
1. Heart health Research states that tea helps unclog arteries. It also helps reduce cholesterol levels, thereby warding off strokes and heart attacks.
2. Bone health Tea contains vitamin D that aids in bone health. It also contains amino acids that help form proteins in the body, builds muscle, skin, hair and bone as well.
3. Keeps your teeth healthy Tea contains fluoride and tannis that help fight off plague from forming. It can also reduce your risk of developing periodontal gum disease.
4. Aids the immune system Drinking tea regularly is an effective way of boosting your immune system so that you can fight off infections. A study confirms this fact stating that tea drinkers have higher immune system activity in their blood.
5. Healthy low calorie drink Tea without sugar and milk is actually the healthiest drink to consume after water. It contains no extra calories and is yet filled with a number of nutrients that can boost one’s health.