Asante Kotoko has stated that it will seek to appeal the home ban handed to to the club by the Disciplinary Committee of the Ghana Football Association earlier on Tuesday
The GFA said the decision was as a result of fan misconduct towards the match referee , E.R. Biney, in the 1-0 home loss suffered by Kotoko to Heart of Lions but the Operations Manager of Kotoko, George Kennedy, told Citi Sports in a interview on Tuesday the club will appeal the decision but also admitted that their fans had not acted properly.
“We will appeal to the GFA for them to reduce the number of matches. We have a few more home games and these are important to us.
However, we will admit that our fans did not put up the best behaviour. They threw objects at the referee after the match.
We have no qualms with punishments but we will only plead with the GFA to reduce the number of matches.”
Kotoko have to play three of their remaining six league matches at home against Inter Allies, Wa All Stars and Hearts of Oak and they are now have to play their MTN FA Quarter final match against AshantiGold at the Accra Sports Stadium.
The match was originally scheduled to be played at the Baba Yara Stadium.
By: Nathan Quao/citifmonline.com/Ghana