Tuesday 8th April , 2014 5:27 pm
Boxer Ayittey Powers has revealed that he wants his bout with Bukom Banku which was rescheduled recently for the 16th of May put on hold.
Speaking in an interview with Citi Sports the Chief Executive Officer of Box Office Promotions Alex Ntiamoah says he has been petitioned in a meeting with the boxer’s representatives to delay the fight till further notice due to the boxer’s lack of preparedness both mentally and physically.
“Powers’ team brought a letter petitioning our outfit that he is not ready physically and psychologically to meet the scheduled date for the bout and as a result he wants the fight to be put on hold. That is a decision I frankly I do not understand”, said Ntiamoah in an interview with Citi Sports
According to Ntiamoah, Powers’ representatives made copies of their petition available to the Ghana Boxing Authority. A meeting is expected in coming days to determine what the next step will be.
It will be recalled that Powers had earlier decided to pull out of the bout which had been originally scheduled for the 18th of April on the advice of his “spiritual” father T.B Joshua.