African women love looking smashing at events and even on casuals. Apart from the trend of turning lips into pink, there is an unending craze for lipsticks, they step out in different colours which makes them look more flashy.
Selecting a lipstick is rewarding and selecting one that suits your skin tone is imperative and selecting one that suits the ‘occasion’ is just a good common sense.
The main lipstick feature you should be considering is longevity. With eating and drinking, and more importantly ‘kissing’, you want your lipstick to last as long as possible, especially if touch up times are few and far between.
Luckily, L’Oréal Paris has an amazing colour range of long-lasting lipsticks called Infallible Le Rogue. I am not saying other brands can’t do the job. Have you ever thought about how to pick lipstick for your skin tone instead of just what happens to look good on the store shelves? There are literally millions of different shades of lipsticks so I know it’s hard to pick and choose just a few!
I’m always drawn to certain shades but I’ve learned that no matter how much I like a certain color, it can totally wash me out or just be a bad match! If you too would like to figure out how to pick the most flattering and foxy lip sticks for your kisser.
1. The first tip I want to mention before moving on to choosing lipstick according to skin tone is to also consider the shape of your lips. There are some general rules that apply to certain lip shapes like darker colors making lips look smaller and lighter and brighter colors making lips appear bigger. So take note of whether you want to accentuate or minimize your lip shape before you start narrowing down lip colors.
2. When you’re in the process of selecting lip colors by skin tone, remember that you’re probably not just going to have one lipstick for every occasion. You will want a lip color for every day, nights out, formal occasions and so on. For the purpose of wearing a lip color for every day, choose a lipstick that’s a few step up from your natural lip color. Even if you carry a ton of lip products in your bag, having that one lipstick that you can always count on to look great is a must!
3. When picking the right lipstick for light complexions, you should consider choosing lighter shades of lipstick like nudes, pinks or light browns. Cool toned gals should go for nude or a soft mocha color and warm gals should look for nude peach or pale pinks. I know that there will be times when you’ll want to rock a dark lip and you’ll look amazing. However, generally speaking, nudes and beige are universally flattering and those colors work well to brighten up a fair complexion!
4. Choosing a lipstick according to skin tone doesn’t have to be a chore. With medium skin tones, you have a pretty nice palette of colors to choose from like browns, red, fuchsias and peaches. For medium skin with warm undertones, try copper or bronze colors and cool undertones should give pinks and cranberry colors a go!
5.When you’re picking the right lipstick for darker complexions, dark reds are sure to make lips look gorgeous. For darker skin with cooler undertones, try ruby and wine-colored hues. For warmer undertones, coppers and bronzes look pretty on your pucker. While some dark complected ladies look lovely in nudes and lighter colors rather than these recommended reds, beauty experts generally agree on avoiding Oran
7. One last thing, I wanted to mention on learning how to pick lipstick for your skin tone is that there will rarely be a time when you want your lip color to resemble your skin tone. At the same time, you don’t want a stark contrast between your skin and lips either. With that said, I know it seems like there are so many rules just on picking a lip color but in the end. The only rule you have to follow is to wear what makes you feel good! All cool-toned or light complexions aren’t the same so experiment with colors you like! Don’t feel obligated to reject or accept a color you love just because isn’t considered acceptable!
I hope these tips make how to pick lipstick for your skin tone a little easier!
© 2014 Nigeriafilms.com
Click the link below to go to…
Benita Nzeribe: The Angel of death not at work in Nollywood
FAN ACCUSES OMOTOLA JOLADE OF REFUSING TO MARRY HER DAD
Living Dead: Majek Fashek Runs Mad?
ANCOP Warns Nollywood On Parley With FG Over Centenary Celebration
Police arrests Bisi Komolafe’s husband over property
May D Welcomes Baby Boy [Picture]
The Thrills and Intrigues of Oge Okoye’s Photo Speak Filmed Shoot
Do you have a story/gist for publication? Please email it to [email protected]