More than you ever needed to know about your set.
How much do you really know about your br**sts? Sure, you know that people are prone to stare at them, and that they are, let’s face it, a lot of fun on their own (as well as being ever so useful during s*x). But do you know who in the world has the largest pair? Or just what it is that smoking can do to them? Well, we did some digging and found out for you!
1. The largest natural br**sts in the world belong to Annie Hawkins-Turner (aka Norma Stitz) of the USA, who has a 70 inch chest, according to the Guinness Book of World Records. That’s a bra size fo 102ZZZ. She suffers from gigantomastia, which is a slow but steady growth of chest and fat tissue.
2. The largest chest implants in the world belong to Sheyla Hershey of Houston TX, formerly of Brazil. Ms. Hershey’s implants put her at an astounding 38KKK. She had to have the procedure done in her native Brazil, as the US doesn’t allow that amount of silicon in a body. The surgery led to repeated staph infections in both br**sts, and the eventual necessary removal of the implants. However, the implants were later replaced, and as of 2011, she was attempting to get her br**sts up to MMM.
3. Though everyone’s taste buds vary, chest milk is generally considered to have a sweet flavor, due in large part to the high amounts of lactose.
4. Alas for the smokers out there, cigarette smoke is hell on your br**sts. It’s true; the chemicals in cigarette smoke break down the elastin in our bodies, leading to saggier b**bs.
5. There are actually five states where a woman can walk around unclad: New York, Hawaii, Texas, Maine, and Ohio (though they might try to pick you up on a public nuisance charge in Texas, unless you’re in Austin). There is a whole political movement behind women being unclad in public, called Topfreedom.
6. Among primates, only humans have permanent br**sts. All other primates only grow full br**sts for the purpose of feeing their children. So, you know, good for us.
7. Some women can reach climax just through bosom stimulation. In one study published in the Journal of s*xual Medicine, it was found that for some women self-stimulation triggered the private part sensory cortex of the brain. Um, yay!
8. chest size is not static. Yes, we all know that if you gain or lose weight, or become pregnant, your br**sts will grow or shrink. But did you know that your br**sts can grow by as much as a cup size during PMS? Too bad most of us feel too lousy to enjoy it during that time.
9. Uneven? Don’t worry, that’s normal. Many women have one chest slightly (or not so slightly) larger than the other. It is perfectly normal, so don’t fret. Fun fact: For about 65% of women, it happens to be the left chest that is larger!
More from YourTango: Win The Brookstone Perfect Drink Smart Scale!
10. They can get dry. The skin over a woman’s br**sts is thinner than that of the rest of her body, with a few exceptions. Because of this, br**sts are prone to dry skin, so make sure you moisturize!