Many of us would love to find more balance in our lives. Yet sometimes our work, whether within the home or outside, dominates our lives so there’s not much room for anything else. Dolly Parton has said, “Don’t get so busy making a living that you forget to make a life.”
Keeping the daily demands of life in balance is a monumental task. However, achieving a balanced life will lead to greater happiness. In addition to work, we should give attention to the physical, intellectual, social and spiritual aspects of our lives, as well.
A. Physical. It is important to pay attention to our physical health. As Jim Rohn said, “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.” You can improve your health through exercise, healthy eating and stress reduction.
1. Exercise. Exercise is good for the body and good for the soul. The Mayo Clinic says that regular physical activity can improve your mood, increase your energy, promote better sleep and put the spark back into your s*x life. Whether you join a gym or simply take a walk around your neighborhood, adding exercise to your daily routine can help you find greater balance.
2. Reduce stress. Our fast pace creates stress in our lives. Stress can cause health problems and affect our mood negatively. It is important to manage stress in healthy ways. Slow down and learn to say “no” when you are over-scheduled. Set aside time to relax and unwind each day. Don’t forget to have fun and do things that you enjoy.
3. Eat healthy. Eating healthy may seem like we’re depriving ourselves, but the opposite is true. Our bodies crave healthy food. Livestrong.com says that healthy eating not only helps you maintain a healthy weight but can also improve your mood, boost your immune system and increase mental alertness. Make small changes and add one healthy habit at a time. Add more fruits and vegetables to your diet, have a meatless meal for dinner once a week or cut back on junk food.
4. Intellectual. LifestyleUpdated.com says that learning something new builds your self-esteem, gives you a sense of accomplishment and promotes personal growth. It is fun and can allow you to meet new people and develop new friendships. As adults, we can choose what we learn and the skills we want to develop. Learning can be a lifetime adventure.
Take a free online class to learn a new language, discover the arts or understand economics. Take up a new hobby. Read good books and explore something in a genre you haven’t read before.
I have always enjoyed learning, and that passion has followed me into adulthood. I have taken courses as diverse as learning gourmet cooking, creative writing, building a website and improving my singing voice
5. Social. Our relationships are the source of our greatest joys. Foster the relationships within your own family. Plan a weekly family night and have fun together. Don’t forget to take time for your friends, as well. Call up an old friend, or enjoy a girls’ or guys’ night out. Expand your circle of friends by joining a club. Is there someone from church, work or school that you would like to get to know better? Invite them out for lunch.
6. Spiritual. Maggie Lyon from the Huffington Post says that spiritual practice lifts your mood, gives you clarity of mind and creates a sense of grounding. It connects you to and reveals your true spirit. Tap into your own personal spirituality by praying and reading your faith’s scriptures or other inspirational works. Learn to meditate. Visit holy places. Go out in nature and ponder on the awe of creation.
A balanced life may seem elusive, but it is attainable. Making small but significant changes can help you find balance and lead a happier life
AD ===> A Former One Minute Man Who Now Last 30mins In Bed Reveals The Secret Of His New Strength