Head to head
-Asante Kotoko have never played against Barrack Young Controllers in Africa inter Clubs Competitions, but they have engaged Liberian clubs on 6 different occasions. Kototo have won 3, lost 1 and drawn 2, but they have won all the three matches against Liberian sides in Ghana with a minimum of three unanswered goals.
-Ghanaian clubs have won 8 of the 9 visits of Liberian opponents. The only loss came the way of Gt. Olympics after they had beaten their opponent by 2-0 away, but they lost the return encounter by 0-1.
-Ghanaian clubs have successfully knocked out Liberian clubs in all the 9 times they met in the CAF inter Clubs competitions.
-Ashanti Gold fc in 1995 walloped NPA Anchors by 8-1 in the 1 st round of the Champions’ Cup, a record for the highest victory in Africa by a Ghanaian side, which was equaled last season by Kotoko after mesmerizing Sony Ela Nguema 7-0.
Team facts- Kotoko
(1) Kotoko was founded in 1935
(2) They have won the Champions Cup, now the Champions league twice.
(3) Kotoko have played in the finals of the Champions’ Cup (Champions League) 7 times, which is only surpassed by El Ahly
(4) This is the 35 th time Asante Kotoko is playing in Africa.
(5) They are the most successful club in the Ghana league history, with 22 titles.
(6) The Porcupine Warriors reached the first round of the CAF Champions league in 2013, losing on an away goal rule to Bejaia of Algeria, after thrashing Sony Ela Nguema 8-0 on aggregate in the preliminary round.
(7) Asante Kotoko before their preliminary clash against Sony Ela Nguema of Equatorial Guinea, were laying 3 rd on the league log, but they are the league leaders of this season’s league, prior to their clash against BYC.
Team Facts-Barrack Young Controllers
(1) The club was founded in 1997
(2) They are the current champion of the Liberian league, which is their only league title, but they have 4 F.A Cup titles.
(3) Last season was the first time they played in Africa and it was in the CAF Confederations Cup.
(4) They skipped the preliminary round of the Confederations Cup by beating FC Johansen of Sierra Leone, but they were eliminated in the first round by a Tanzanian club.
(5) Barrack Young Controllers, are laying 4 th on the Liberian league with 7 wins, 6 draws and 3 loses.
Berekum Chelsea vs Atlabar fc
Head to Head
The two clubs have never met, nor have any clubs from the two nations ever met in any Inter-clubs competitions on the African continent.
Team facts: Berekum Chelsea
(1) Berekum Chelsea was founded in the year 2000
(2) They got promotion into the Ghana Premier League in the 2008/09 season and won the league in the 2010/11 season.
(3) They represented Ghana in the CAF Champions league and reached the money zone in 2012.
(4) Berekum Chelsea’s current form is nothing to write home about as they are pinned to the bottom of the league table, with 4 wins, 5 draws and 6 loses.
(5) Berekum Chelsea in 2012, were laying 2 nd on the league log ahead of their preliminary round of the CAF Champions League against LSCR of Liberia, but they are currently 14 th on the league table ahead of their clash against Atlabar fc.
(6) The Berekum lads lost the league to Kotoko on the last day of last season.
Team facts: Atlabar fc
(1) Atlabar fc is a club from the baby country of Africa, South Sudan.
(2) They are the first club from South Sudan to take part of the CAF Champions league after winning the 2012/13 South Sudan league.
EBUSUA Dwarfs vs ASC Jaaraf
Head to Head
-Dwarfs have never played any Senegalese side in African clubs competitions, but Jaaraf have met Hearts of Oak and Asante Kotoko in the Champions’ Cup. The lost their two away matches in Ghana, while they won one and drew the other home match.
-Ghanaian clubs have met Senegalese opponents 20 times in CAF inter-club competitions. Ghanaian clubs have 11 to their credit as against 5 by the latter and 4 ended in draws.
-Senegalese sides have visited Ghana on 10 different occasions, but they are yet to get a win. They have lost 8 matches and drawn 2, so is Dwarfs going to be the first Ghanaian side to lose at home to a Senegalese?
Team facts- Dwarfs
(1) Ebusua Dwarfs was founded in 1939
(2) They were the third Ghanaian side after Real Republicans and Asante Kotoko to play in Africa, which was in 1968.
(3) The last time Ebusua Dwarfs played in Africa was 2000. They had a successful campaign, but they were thrashed 6-0 on aggregate by Ismaily in the semi final.
(4) The Cape Coast based club has won the league once in 1966. This was a controversial league, because the 1966 league was abandoned due to coup detat, but in 1968 a knockout was organized to determine the winner of the 1966 league and it was Dwarfs who topped them all.
(5) Dwarfs finished fourth on the league table last season, but they are currently laying 1n the relegation zone with 4 wins, 4 draws and 7 wins.
Team facts-ASC Jaaraf
(1) Association Sportive et Culturelle Jaaraf/Diaraf was founded in 1933
(2) ASC Jaaraf or Diaraf is the most successful club in the history of Senegalese football, with a record of 11 league titles and 14 FA Cup titles.
(3) Last season they won the FA Cup and finished fourth in the Senegalese league.
(4) They are currently lying fourth on the league log, with 2 wins and five draws, but no lose.
(5) This is the 20 th time Jaaraf is playing in Africa, with their best finish being, the semi finals of the Champions’ Cup now CAF Champions League in 1983.
Panthers fc vs Medeama sc
Head to head
-They have never met in African club competitions.
-Neither Panthers nor Medeama have played a club from Ghana or Equatorial Guinea respectively.
-Ghanaian clubs have met Equatoguinean sides on 6 periods, with clubs from Ghana winning all the six and scoring 19 goals without conceding.
-Asante Kotoko in 2013 walloped Sony Ela Nguema 7-0 in Kumasi to equal the highest victory by a Ghanaian side in Africa. Hearts of Oak had earlier in 1999 buried Sony Ela Nguema 6-0
Team facts: Medeama sc
(1) The club was called Kessben fc, but its name was changed to Medeama after the club was sold to Moses Armah Parker.
(2) They won their first ever competitive title as a club by beating Asante Kotoko in the FA Cup final in 2013
(3) Medeama are 6 th on the league table with 5 wins, 7 draws and 3 loses
Team facts: Panthers fc
(1) The club was founded in 1997
(2) They have won the Equatoguinean cup on back to back bases, 2012 and 2013.
(3) Panthers have a former, Ghana league top scorer in their team, Dong Bortey.
The post Fact file: Ghana’s continental campaigners appeared first on Latest Sports News & Interviews For Football, Boxing, Athletics and Ghanaian Related Sports | Allsports.com.gh http://allsports.com.gh/2014/02/09/fact-file-ghanas-continental-campaigners/ . http://allsports.com.gh
For more sports news visit AllSports.com.gh
Leave a comment. 0 comment so far.