Fire destroys a chemical shop at Kwame Nkrumah Circle


Fire destroyed a chemical shop on the ground floor of a one-storey building at Kwame Nkrumah Circle, in Accra, Sunday afternoon.

It took fire fighters about one and half hours to put out the fire.

An Assistant Officer at the Fire Service, Charles Oti, told Joy News they had to break down the door to the blazing chemical shop before fighting the fire.

Although the Fire Service are yet to ascertain the cause of the fire, eye-witnesses suspect it was started by an electrical fault.

Mr Charles Oti, however, said although it was difficult getting to the fire they managed to fight it adequately. Only minimal damage to property was encountered.

Comments:
Leave a comment. 0 comment so far.

Comments