Posted On Wednesday, 14th August 2013
Andre Ayew and his brother Jordan have confirmed they will write to the Ghana FA in the coming days to announce their return to the Black Stars.
This confirms the story exclusively broken by GHANAsoccernet.com on Wednesday morning confirming the move which will seal the return of the Marseille duo to the national team.
But the revelation is an embarrassing U-turn for the spokesman of the Ayew brothers who had last month claimed that the duo will not write to confirm their return.
Fiifa Tackie last month told a radio station in Kumasi that the duo will not write to the GFA over the return of the duo as they had already met the country’s President John Mahama and the Asantehene.
But the Ayew family insiders contradicted their spokesman insisting that they were on the verge of preparing their letter to retract their temporal resignation from the national team.
Now the spokesman has been forced to admit that the two players are serious over their return to the Ghana fold and will definitely write the letter.
“I have never said anywhere the Ayews will not write to the FA rescinding their decision. We are considering writing to the FA but as to when exactly, we cannot tell,” Tackie told Anigye FM in Kumasi.
“After meetings with the president of the country, John Dramani Mahama and Asantehene Otumfuo Osei Tutu II I thought it has ended there but with the turn outs in the media, we will consider writing the letter to officially inform the FA about our decision.”
This is a massive departure of what Tackie told Angel FM just last month where he cast doubts over whether the issue of letter writing was agreed to in the meeting of the Marseille duo with the country’s President, Sports Minister and Ghana FA Vice President.
The Ghana FA meanwhile remain resolute on their stand that without an official notification from the Ayews to make them available for Black Stars selection, their verbal announcement is rendered redundant.