Location: Greater Accra Region
Job Title: System Administrator
Job Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region
- Manage all internet applications inclusive to, but not limited to DNS, RADIUS, LDAP, Apache,Postifix, MySQL, PHP. In addition, be proficient in writing scripts, and maintaining backups.
- Design, configure, install and maintain all hardware including, but not limited to clustered, standalone servers, blade servers, running VMware, and storage solutions including, RAID, and SAN technology.
- Provide superior customer support for Webhosting, ISP and LAN Customers on troubleshooting escalated support troubles. Communicate with staff, vendors and customers in a courteous, professional manner at all times.
- Document server configurations, and scripts, and all other relevant information in a repository to share information.
- Work with the Network Operations Centre to monitor the integrity and system reliability and traffic patterns of the server network, Webhosting and Campus networks.
- Work with the Network Operations Centre and other personnel/departments to analyze hardware requirements and alternatives and make acquisition recommendations.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Performing a check to make sure all systems are working fine and up to date.
- Administering the creation, operation, modification, and deletion of username and passwords of employees in the system.
- Implementing security software and tools to ensure maximum security from outside threats.
- Carrying out data backups and administration.
- Installing and maintaining software updates periodically.
Qualification and Requirements
- A minimum of 2 working years in the field
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or diploma in computer science or any related IT courses
- Certificate courses in Linux and Microsoft
- Company policies, procedures, products and services.
- Computer operating systems.
- Web technologies, technical languages, browsers, search procedures, search engines, platforms and applications.
- Computer hardware and software.
- General office practices and procedures.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Be able to work independently or in a team environment
- Strong leadership, motivational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
- Strong customer orientation and relationship management
- Be able to interact with users, peers, and management.
- Self-motivated individual with a positive attitude.
- Results oriented and meets deadlines
- Good work ethics and good personal behaviour
- Good communication skills
If you are qualified for this position, Send your CV to [email protected] or click http://www.jobberman.com.gh/job/6842/system-administrator-at-africa-online-ghana/ to apply