Location: Greater Accra Region
Job Title: Credit Officer
Job Location: Dansoman, Accra
A newly established Microfinance institution requires suitable candidates to apply for the position of Credit Officer.
- Assess loan requests or commercial credit applications through interviews with applicants and checking application forms, references, credit ratings, credit scores, pay slips and other information
- Approve or recommend approval of loans and commercial credit applications within policy guidelines
- Prepare papers setting out conditions and periods of loans, rates of repayment or, in a commercial area, the setting out of trading terms
- Prepare reports of loans and accounts which have outstanding (unpaid) amounts
- Keep records of arrears (behind in payments) and prepare routine letters or make telephone calls requesting payment
- Prepare statements of overdue accounts and forward these for legal action
- Prepare reports on credit ratings of customers
- Answer enquiries concerning loan balances or commercial accounts, penalties and credit standing of customers.
- Undertake other tasks assigned by the CEO
Qualification and Requirements
- Minimum of HND or Diploma Accounting or any related field.
- Good verbal and written communication skill.
- Good Understanding of financial statements.
- Good knowledge and skills in Microsoft applications.
- Strong analytical, technical and problem solving aptitude.
- Professional, ethical and discretion when dealing with confidential information.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and presentation abilities.
- Committed, responsible and able to work under pressure and limited time frames.
- Ability to carry out the work on an independent basis as well as in working groups and teams.
- Good planning and organizing skills.
If you are qualified for this position, Send your CV to [email protected] or click http://www.jobberman.com.gh/job/6810/credit-officer-at-a-newly-established-microfinance-institution/ to apply