Location: Western Region
The Local Governance and Decentralization Program (LOGODEP) is a three year USAID-funded program with a mandate to cover all 17 Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies (MMDAs) in Ghana’s Western Region. Our work is underpinned by USAID/Ghana’s Strategic Objective 5, “Strengthened Democratic and Decentralized Governance through Civic Involvement.” LOGODEP is being implemented by MSI, an international development consultancy company based in Washington, DC, in collaboration with SNV, a Dutch development organization with strong presence and experience in Ghana.
We work in the 17 MMDAs to: (a) expand public participation in local governance; (b) supported targeted districts to increase the amount of funds they generate internally; and (c) achieve comprehensive development planning for local districts.
Job Title: Citizens Organization Coach (Ref: TOR 9)
Job Location: Takoradi, Western Region, Ghana
LOCAL GOVERNANCE AND DECENTRALIZATION PROGRAM (LOGODEP-AGREEMENT NO. 641-A-00-10-00071-00)
This is a fixed contract up to 31st August 2013 and renewable.
The Citizen Organisation Coach (COC) will assist the Citizen Organization Expert in LOGODEP’s activities related to expanding public participation in local governance.
- The Citizen Organization Coach will support the Citizen Participation Expert in planning and managing capacity building activities for CSOs and Traditional Authorities.
- The COC will also evaluate grant proposals and budgets and assist beneficiary applicants in revising them.
Qualification and Requirements
- A university degree in Social Work, Community Development, Development Studies or related academic field
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Experience in similar donor-funded programs will be considered an asset
If you are qualified for this position, Send your CV to [email protected] or click http://www.jobberman.com.gh/job/6837/citizens-organization-coach-ref-tor-9-at-local-governance-and-decentralization-program-logodep/ to apply