Location: Greater Accra Region
The National Disaster Management Organization (NADMO) of Ghana, in partnership with UNDP and funding support from the Government of Norway, has initiated a new project “Community Resilience through Early Warning (CREW)” to build capacities in Ghana to reduce’ disaster risk by putting in place an integrated early warning system that is both scientific and people-centred. Applications are now invited from experience professionals for the above position within NADMO and UNDP.
Job Title: Technical Advisor: (NADMO Based)
Job Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region
The Technical Advisor will among other duties, be part of the project management team in NADMO. She/he will directly report to the Project Manager and provide technical support to the project management team to ensure quality delivery of project outputs that are in lin with international and national best practices. His/her work requires close collaboration with the UNDP-based quality assurance team.
Summary of Key Functions:
Technical services in areas related to early warning system, disaster risk reduction, GIS and mapping, community-based capacity building, climate change adaptation
Building strategic partnerships, Networking, Substantive technical innovation and work with the Project Manager on all substantive and technical issues to deliver the project
Qualification and Requirements
- Communicating information and ideas.
- Knowledge sharing/continuous learning.
- Organizational awareness.
- Self management and emotional intelligence.
- Working in teams.
- Building strategic partnerships.
- Job knowledge and technical expertise.
- Innovation in the provision of technical expertise.
- Results-based programme development and management.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in relevant field. Post-graduate certification in disaster risk reduction preferred.
- At least five years of experience in development sector.
- Research experience is an asset.
- Excellent writing skills in English, advanced technical skills in disaster risk reduction and experience in community-level development work preferred
Fluency in written and spoken English and one more of the Ghanaian working languages and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook, etc)
Qualified candidates are requested to send their applications marked with the title of position being applied for, with supporting resume including telephone numbers and email addresses to the address below:
The Human Resource Unit
(Next to the Ghana National Fires Service Hqtrs)
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. Detailed Job descriptions are available on request at the UNDP Security Gate or online at: www.undp-gha.org