Location: Greater Accra Region
Job Title: Project Officer
Job Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region
The National Disaster Management Organization (NADMO) of Ghana, in partnership with UNDP and funding support from the Government of Norway, has initiated a new project “Community Resilience through Early Warning (CREW)” to build capacities in Ghana to reduce’ disaster risk by putting in place an integrated early warning system that is both scientific and people-centred. Applications are now invited from experience professionals for the above position within NADMO and UNDP.
The Project Officer providers project, managerial, and budget oversight. She/he will also serve as the UNDP focal person for the project and will liaise with the project management office and NADMO. She/he will directly report to the Cluster Manager of the Sustainable Development Cluster. In order to successfully deliver his/her work, he/she needs to work closely with and mobilize inputs from the project management unit staff, national and international technical specialists, and M&E expert.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provision of project, managerial and budget oversight, reporting and networking and ensure and timely delivery of the project activities according to work plan and budget.
Qualification and Requirements
- Communicating information and ideas.
- Ethics and values.
- Knowledge sharing/continuous learning.
- Organizational awareness.
- Functional Competencies:
- Building strategic partnerships.
- Client orientation.
- Job knowledge and technical expertise.
- Conceptual innovation in the provision of technical expertise.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- At least five-years of experience in implementing development projects.
- At least five years of experience in project management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook, etc).
- Proficiency in Internet Research and Data Gathering.
- Proficiency in other Project Management tools and software is a plus
- Fluency in the UN and national language of the duty station
Qualified candidates are requested to send their applications marked with the title of position being applied for, with supporting resume including telephone numbers and email addresses to the address below:
The Human Resource Unit
(Next to the Ghana National Fires Service Hqtrs)
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. Detailed Job descriptions are available on request at the UNDP Security Gate or online at: www.undp-gha.org