Location: Greater Accra Region
The National Disaster Management Organization (NADMO) of Ghana, in partnership with UNDP and funding support from the Government of Norway, has initiated a new project “Community Resilience through Early Warning (CREW)” to build capacities in Ghana to reduce’ disaster risk by putting in place an integrated early warning system that is both scientific and people-centred. Applications are now invited from experience professionals for the above position within NADMO and UNDP.
Job Title: Project Administrative and Financial Officer
Job Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region
The Project Administrative and Financial Officer will among other duties, be part of the project management team in NADMO. She/he will directly report to the Project Manager and provide support to the project management team to ensure compliance with NADMO and UNDP programme rules and procedures. His/her work requires close collaboration with the UNDP-based project administrative assistant.
Summary of Key Functions:
- Implementation of operational strategies, support to project implementation and budget management and control of project assets. Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Assisting in the day-to-day operations of the project management unit and maintenance of Project budget and expenditure including formulation and revisions
Qualification and Requirements
- Communicating information and ideas, Ethics and values and Organizational awareness
- Client orientation: Understanding and meeting or exceeding client needs, Job knowledge and technical expertise, innovation and marketing new approaches.
- Results-based programme development and management.
- Effectively managing core and non-core resources to achieve UN development results
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field. Certification in financial management preferred with minimum six years of experience in providing administrative and financial support to project management teams either in public or private sector
Fluency in written and spoken English and one more of the Ghanaian working languages and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook, etc)
Qualified candidates are requested to send their applications marked with the title of position being applied for, with supporting resume including telephone numbers and email addresses to the address below:
The Human Resource Unit
(Next to the Ghana National Fires Service Hqtrs)
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. Detailed Job descriptions are available on request at the UNDP Security Gate or online at: www.undp-gha.org