Location: Greater Accra Region
Job Title: M&E Officer
Job Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region
The National Disaster Management Organization (NADMO) of Ghana, in partnership with UNDP and funding support from the Government of Norway, has initiated a new project “Community Resilience through Early Warning (CREW)” to build capacities in Ghana to reduce’ disaster risk by putting in place an integrated early warning system that is both scientific and people-centred. Applications are now invited from experience professionals for the above position within NADMO and UNDP.
The M&E Officer will be a part of the quality assurance team of the CREW Project and will be responsible for designing and implementing the M&E tools and plans for the projects. She/he will also serve as the focal person for the development and implementation of cluster-level monitoring and evaluation system for the Sustainable Development Cluster (SDC) of UNDP. She/he will directly report to the Cluster Manager of the SDC.
Summary of Key Functions:
Provision of managerial and budget oversight and designing and implementation M&E tools and plans for the Sustainable Development Cluster and CREW project.
Qualification and Requirements
- Organizational awareness: Understanding, building and using formal/informal systems and contacts in a complex organizational and global environment to obtain results.
- Moves from an ability to use organizational services to assist others, to applying corporate thinking and applying judgment, to building support and finally, demonstrating political acumen.
- Building strategic partnerships, Client orientation, Job knowledge and technical expertise and conceptual innovation in the provision of technical expertise
- Education and Experience: Master’s degree in a relevant field and at least five-years of experience in M&E with proficiency in statistical analysis.
- Excellent visual communication skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and one or more of the Ghanaian working languages, proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook, etc)
Qualified candidates are requested to send their applications marked with the title of position being applied for, with supporting resume including telephone numbers and email addresses to the address below:
The Human Resource Unit
(Next to the Ghana National Fires Service Hqtrs)
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. Detailed Job descriptions are available on request at the UNDP Security Gate or online at: www.undp-gha.org