Location: Greater Accra Region
Newmont Ghana Gold Limited a subsidiary of Newmont Mining Corporation, one of the World’s largest gold mining companies.
Job Title: Transport Fleet Manager (130913)
Job Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region
- Responsible for the overall Management, Operations, Business and Financial Planning and Maintenance of Newmont Ghana fleet of light vehicles for all three Sites including fuel management.
- The Manager will also be responsible for Newmont’s external bus contractors and management.
- Responsible for regional budgeting and financial planning for all light vehicles and the AFE process.
- Plans, schedules, and directs the operations of several site light vehicle repair shops; develops and maintains effective shop safety and performance standards, policies, and procedures; assures accuracy of contractor shop and parts inventories; develops and oversees division budget.
- Responsible for reconciling all contractor invoices related to Newmont fleet of vehicles.
- Directs the service, repair, and preventive maintenance of Company fleet of vehicles; develops, implements, and supervises preventive maintenance programs; periodically reviews repair work and procedures to ensure accuracy, completeness, and efficiency; recommends vehicles for replacement, prepares specifications, and advices site services regional manager on auction or disposal of company vehicles as necessary.
- Investigates motor vehicle accidents, negotiates settlements, collects damages, and authorizes repairs to Newmont Ghana fleet of vehicles.
- Plans and administers a preventive maintenance and vehicular replacement program.
- Prepares cost analysis and periodic management and operational reports.
- Reviews purchase requests and code various invoices in existing company software for new and replacement vehicles for all Newmont sites in Ghana.
- Conduct periodic inspections of contractor fleet of vehicles and workshops to ensure that contractor adheres to contractual provisions and company policies and procedures and submit quarterly reports to management.
- Maintain knowledge of and compliance of all company policies, standard operating procedures and other documents that are appropriate to the workplace, ensuring that light vehicle policies are adhered to by all employees.
- Participate in company initiatives, including performance assessment and improvement, development process in accordance with approved company programs.
- Report all accidents incidents, damages, breakdowns, safety and environmental hazards and community complaints to direct supervisor or site management in a timely manner.
- Oversee the capital planning process to ensure proper submission of AFE’s and capital Standards.
- Assist with Business Planning in all regional budget preparation process including Budget Review Session and business plan submission and presentations
- Become familiar with and strictly adhere to Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environmental standards. Act as a role model in complying with and supporting these standards and practices.
- The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
No special working or regulatory conditions apply to this position but may require domestic travels between sites.
Qualification and Requirements
- Degree or its equivalent in Mechanical Engineering/Automotive Engineering
- 10-12 years automotive experience in an administrative capacity, including two years of supervisory experience in automotive maintenance and repair and/or vehicular fleet operations.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suits including Word and Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Ghanaian Driver’s License
- Good problem solving skills and ability to work independently and to take initiatives
- Sociable but assertive personality with flexibility
- High sense of responsibility, confidentiality and security