Location: Outside Ghana
The Mobile Maintenance Heavy Equipment Auto Electrician is accountable to the Mobile Maintenance Electrical Supervisor/Trainer for the safe, efficient, accurate and cost effective mechanical maintenance of the mobile equipment fleet at Kinross Gold – Tasiast Mine. The incumbent will provide technical ability and experience to maintain the mobile equipment fleet so that the business objectives of the Company are consistently achieved through the efficient management of the operation
Job Title: Mobile Maintenance Heavy Equipment Auto Electrician
Job Location: Tasiast, Mauritania
Key Areas of Responsibility & Duties
- Ensure all maintenance tasks performed are within the compliance of Kinross safe operating procedures, standard job guidelines and if not, a comprehensive job safety analysis is performed
- To maintain the mobile equipment as assigned by management in the shop and field, to execute all the maintenance repairs planned, and unplanned.
- Provide the required reports as requested by your supervisor.
- Train the maintenance personnel under your supervision, if required, to provide a safe, efficient and effective work place.
- Participate in the technical and performance evaluation of your trainees, and provide constructive feedback to improve their competency.
Adheres to all policies and procedures relating to safety, the environment and individual and organizational development. Provides support to all areas on issues that jointly involve production and safety. Observes operations to detect violation of safety regulations and compile safety and production records. Assists in accident and incident investigations and ensures that recommendations are implemented by agreed upon dates. Wears PPE and actively promotes company programs related to environment, health and safety.
Scope of Responsibility & Complexity
Work is technical and complex and involves non-routine and advanced technical assignments. Work is performed under limited direction according to broad guidelines. Problem resolution involves using judgment to adapt and apply procedures to address and resolve unusual problem situations. Outcomes are reviewed in terms of adherence to general policies, accuracy of methods and general efficiency. Ensures quality standards are upheld in their field of specialization.
Qualification and Requirements
- Trade Certificate equivalent to a minimum of 5 years in an apprenticeship program for an Auto Electrician.
- Minimum of 3 years experience working in Heavy Equipment or Open Cut Mining.
- Caterpillar Experience: Haul Trucks: 793, 789, and 777, Track Dozers: D10, D9, Wheel Loaders: 994, and 992, Wheel Dozers: 854, and 834, Motor Graders: 24M, and 16M.
- Komatsu Experience: Haul Trucks: HD785, Excavator: PC1250-7.
- Hammer Drill: Tamrock Pantera, and Atlas Copco.
- Diagnostic Experience: CAT ET, VIMS. Komatsu : Electronic shift controls.
- French would be an asset.