Location: Outside Ghana
A sister mine of Chirano Gold Mines –A Kinross Company, Tasiast Mine in Mauritania, is looking for a HEAVY EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE MECHANIC, (AUXILIARY EQUIPMENT) TASIAST (MAURITANIA)
Job Title: Heavy Equipment Maintenance Mechanic (Drilling) – Level 1
Job Location: Tasiast, Mauritania
Purpose of Role:
The Mobile Maintenance Mechanic is accountable to the Mobile Maintenance Mechanical Supervisor/Trainer of the appropriate area for the safe, efficient, accurate and cost effective maintenance of the mobile equipment fleet at Kinross Gold – Tasiast Mine. The incumbent will provide technical ability, experience, and leadership to maintain the mobile equipment fleet so that the business objectives of the Company are consistently achieved through the efficient management of the operation
Key Areas of Responsibility & Duties:
- Ensure all maintenance tasks performed are within the compliance of Kinross safe operating procedures, standard job guidelines and if not, a comprehensive job safety analysis is performed
- To maintain the mobile equipment as assigned by management in the shop and field, to execute all the maintenance repairs as planned, and unplanned.
- Provide the required reports and documents as requested by your supervisor.
- Train the maintenance personnel under your supervision to provide a safe, efficient and effective work place. Participate in the technical and performance evaluations of your artisans, trainees, and provide constructive feedback to improve their competency.
- Responsibility to ensure the quality and quantity of work of the persons under your direct supervision is completed within the expectations of our Key Performance Indicators.
Adheres to all policies and procedures relating to safety, the environment and individual and organizational development. Provides support to all areas on issues that jointly involve production and safety. Observes operations to detect violation of safety regulations and compile safety and production records. Assists in accident and incident investigations and ensures that recommendations are implemented by agreed upon dates. Wears PPE and actively promotes company programs related to environment, health and safety.
Scope of Responsibility & Complexity:
Work is technical and complex and involves non-routine and advanced technical assignments. Work is performed under limited direction according to broad guidelines. Problem resolution involves using judgment to adapt and apply procedures to address and resolve unusual problem situations. Outcomes are reviewed in terms of adherence to general policies, accuracy of methods and general efficiency. Ensures quality standards are upheld in their field of specialization.
Qualification and Requirements
Qualifications & Skill Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in Heavy Equipment or Open Cut Mining.
- Bucyrus SKFX drills,
- Hammer Drill: Tamrock Pantera, and Atlas Copco.
- C27 engine, troubleshooting, injector and valve settings, repair or rebuild
- Cummins engine experience trouble shooting, injector and valve settings repairs or rebuild
- Hydraulic troubleshooting, repairs of valves, cylinders, spools,
- Schematic reading of both air systems and hydraulic, Compressor air systems, troubleshooting, repairs, rebuild.
- 24 volt electrical system, trouble shooting and repairs
- Steering & Brake system: Pressure settings, troubleshooting, reseal of components,
- Air conditioning systems trouble shooting and repairs
- Dust control systems, both dry and wet systems.
- Rotary and Hammer attachments troubleshooting , repair and rebuild knowledge
- Undercarriage management , rollers, idlers, drive chains, pins and bushings
- Diagnostic Experience: CAT ET,
- French would be an asset.
- Must be group orientated individual and able to work within a cohesive teams
- Must be able to transfer the knowledge to coworkers.
- Must have strong planning and executions skills, have to be a forward thinker
- Must be able to identify the gaps and develop a method in which to close these gaps.
- Must not be happy with the Status quo, Continuous Improvement is the key to success.
- Oxygen/ Acetylene cutting torch operation
- Proper use of cutting torches and regulators
- Safety precautions while using and operating of cutting equipment
- Ability to understand verbal / written French instructions
- Fill out and record data entries for activity reports work orders, safety reports, risk assessments, time cards,
- Lifting and manipulation of heavy items, good health