Five Krobo Girls students seriously injured in gas explosion

General News of Tuesday, 23 April 2013


Five final year students of Krobo Girls Senior High School in the Eastern region are on admission at the Atua Government hospital for treatment for extensive multiple burns they sustained in a gas cooker explosion on Monday.

The accident occurred while the girls went to buy food from a vendor who was using a gas cooker.

Medical officers believe the extent of the burns of the students will prevent them from writing their final exams which begins soon.

Dr. Francisca Mensah Darkwa, who is in charge of the female ward of the Atua Government hospital, has been told XYZ News’ Eastern regional correspondent Bennet Yaovi that the school could arrange for the five girls to write the paper in the ward if possible.