Location: Outside Ghana
Job Title: Automation / Instrumentation Maintenance Supervisor
Job Location: Tasiast, Mauritania
Department: Maintenance Department
Reports To: Electrical/Instrumentation Superintendent
Summary/Purpose of Role:
To provide complex technical support to the plant, general, and mill maintenance functions. To follow established policies, practices, and procedures when completing work assignments. To provide work direction to a team of electricians in automation and instruments discipline.
Key Areas of Responsibility & Duties:
To administer a system, program, or process in maintenance
- Responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely processing of all activities related to maintenance
- Execute daily routine work according to policies and procedures within prescribed guidelines e.g. ensuring a planned maintenance system is achieved.
- Complies with established methodologies and quality standards related to maintenance, while at the same time recommending new or alternate approaches
- Assists with special projects related to maintenance
- Provides an analysis of work outcomes with guidance from an immediate supervisor and / or a mentor
- May mentor or train less experienced employees on operating standards, procedures, and methods
- Assigns crews and equipment to specific tasks in order to meet daily ore processing maintenance goals
- Other duties as required
To provide technical support and customer service related to maintenance
- Addresses queries and resolves technical issues for internal customers while ensuring service standards are met
- Ensures internal customers comply with company policy and procedures and regulations in maintenance
- Provides training to internal customers as needed and coaching the E/I employees
- Works closely with Ore Process Supervisor to help meet production goals
To provide work direction to the maintenance team
- Directs the activities of maintenance electrical in automation and instrumentation men
- Must train the local people in the automation discipline.
- Acts as a communication linchpin with the team and models the organization’s values
- Contributes to the development and revision of policies and procedures
Adheres to all safety and environmental considerations of Kinross and the electrical norms. Wears PPE at all times while in the production environment. Is alert and observes, corrects, and reports unsafe conditions. Follows operating procedures and complies with all regulatory requirements. Ensures other employees adhere to safety procedures at all times
Scope of Responsibility & complexity:
- Works independently under general direction. Work is complex and involves routine and advanced technical assignments.
- Outcomes are reviewed for the attainment of objectives, adherence to policies, and effectiveness of results.
- Problem resolution involves using judgment to select and interpret information and handle deviations from standard methods and practices.
- Makes decisions governed by general policy. Assistance for unusual situations is provided. May supervise or direct the work of others.
Qualification and Requirements
Minimum Qualifications & Skill Requirements:
- College or technical training equivalent to 3 years of study in electrical discipline low voltage and HV including specifically automation and instrumentation
- 5- 8 years of related work experience, including previous equipment maintenance experience in a Gold processing plant environment
- Complete knowledge of the principles within a technical area or electrical automation/instrumentation
- Must be proficient in English and French
- Previous experience in the mining industry is preferred
- Ability to adapt and learn quickly
- Knowledge in Automation is mandatory
- Ability to function within the qualifications outlined in the attached physical demands sheets
- Experience in a computerised maintenance software is an asset
- Knowledge, Skills and/or Licensing Certification required
- Complete knowledge required to perform this job
- Relevant computer literacy
- Good communicator
- Extreme weather conditions
- Exposure to noise, reagents and dust