Location: Greater Accra Region
Job Title: IT Support Officer
Job Location: Accra
A registered microfinance institution (MFI) in Ghana, mandated by the Bank of Ghana, focused on enhancing the income generating capacity of the poor through access to flexible financial services is looking for an IT SUPPORT OFFICER.
Level I IT Support:
Identify the area of responsibility that each network component belongs and implement VPN and WAN network linking all branches together. Report to Management of the company and provide computer hardware and software support to servers, clients and staff, provide support for PC/laptop operations and local site server systems, administration and support of all relevant infrastructure, assist in problem determination procedures and help develop and implement corrective actions, perform general hardware or software maintenance to keep company servers, computer hardware and software in good working condition, perform the collection of information related to the procurement of server, computer, printer hardware and software, and monitor computer hardware inventory. Create/deactivate email account for staffs in all branches. Manage Micro Finance software, website, and implement firewalls, Sub-netting, collision redundancy and data security on the existing network.
- Provide user and administrative support for desktop and local Windows servers.
- Manage Micro Finance software, website, and implement firewalls, Sub-netting, collision redundancy and data security on the existing network.
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting of all relevant hardware and software.
- Configuration, installation & deployment of all PC’s and PC related peripherals.
- Support local SQL and Exchange Server and related CRM systems.
- Perform daily backup procedures.
- Identify opportunities and recommend solutions for improving service, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Occasional on-call support outside of standard working hours.
- Perform daily network vulnerability scan and restrict access to unauthorized website and content.
- Perform periodic internal IT Training of staff.
Qualification and Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a 4 year college/university or 2 year degree from college, vocational, or technical education in Computer Science preferred. Combination of education and relevant experience is acceptable.
- 3 + years technical experience with computer hardware, software, and desktop support in a Microsoft Windows environment and technical proficiency with printers and other peripherals.
- 1+ years’ experience implementing and maintaining Windows 2008 / exchange servers.
- Demonstrated experience working with an NGO is an asset.
- Up-to-date professional certification in the relevant technical area (MCSA/MCSE, MCITP) preferred.
If you are qualified for this position, Send your CV to [email protected] or click http://www.jobberman.com.gh/job/6731/it-support-officer-at-a-reputable-microfinance-company/ to apply