General News of Saturday, 20 April 2013
Source: Daily Graphic
The Supreme Court has set out a new mode for cross-examination of Dr Mahamudu Bawumia in the election petition case in which three leaders of the NPP are challenging the results of the 2012 General elections.
The eminent panel of judges in a letter copied to all parties in the election petition case directed the counsel for the first petitioner, Tony Lithur to list all duplicated pink sheets and send an electronic version of the lists to the court and to the petitioners.
The letter signed by the presiding judge W.A Atuguba says the new method is to expedite the hearing of the petition.
The following is the full version of the letter
MODE OF CONTINUATION OF CROSS-EXAMINATION OF 2ND PETITIONER ON PINK SHEETS
In order to expedite the hearing of the petition, the panel hereby directs that the cross-examination on the pink sheets be continued as follows:
1. Counsel for the 1st Respondent do list out the residue of the pink sheets in the manner here to be identified by him in his cross-examination of the 2nd petitioner which he claims were duplicated, in their mode and manner of generation and extent of their user by the petitioners for the purposes of proof of their petition.
2. The said list should be electronically served forthwith by counsel for the 1st respondent on all other parties.
3. At the resumed sitting on Monday, 22/04/2013 counsel for the 1st respondent may put the said list by way of further cross-examination to the 2nd petitioner for his response.
4. The said list can then be tended in evidence.
5. Counsel for the 1st respondent or any other party may bring along with him his or their copies of the pink sheets.
W. A. ATUGUBA PRESIDING JUDGE