Location: Greater Accra Region
Job Title: Consultant Ref No: 10
Job Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region
REPUBLIC OF GHANA
MINISTRY OF LANDS AND NATURAL RESOURCES
SECOND LAND ADMINISTRATION PROJECT (LAP-2) (IDA Credit No. 4870-GH)
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Consultancy Service for the Development of Scheme of Service for the Lands Commission and The Office of The Administration of Stool Lands.
(INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANT) Ref No 10
The Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Second Land Administration Project (LAP-2), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consultant services.
LAP-2 is a follow on project of LAP-1 and is being implemented based on the National Land Policy which came into effect in 1999. The Project concentrates on completing outstanding legal and institutional reforms, removing business bottlenecks, promoting transparency and addressing various land administration challenges with the view to: (I) speeding up land registration and delivery of titles and deeds; (ii) enhancing security of tenure; and (iii) strengthening the settlement of land disputes, among others. The Project also supports the completion of the Land Bill, engaging in legislative and institutional reforms stated under LAP-1. The Project is being implemented through four-interrelated Components, namely:
Strengthening the Policy, Legal and Regulatory Framework for Land Administration;
Decentralizing and improving Business and Service Delivery Processes;
Providing improved Maps and Spatial Data for Land Administration; and
Engaging in Human Resource Development and Project Management
The objectives of the assignment are to:
- Provide for a clearly defined career structure or pathways which will attract, motivate and facilitate retention of suitably qualified and competent human resources in the Lands Commission and the Office of the Administrator of Stool Lands
- Establish clear and concise job descriptions and specifications with clear delineation of duties and responsibilities at all levels within the career structure to enable employees understand the requirements and demands of the job
- Establish standards for recruitment, training and advancement/development within the career structure; and
- Ensure appropriate career planning and succession management
Scope of Service:
- The Scheme of Service shall cover the entire employees of the two land sector agencies. Areas to cover will include:
- Review existing hierarch of grades/jobs and grade designations;
- Based on the review, establish the job purpose/objectives and main duties and responsibilities assigned to each job;
- Establish the entry qualification required for each job; indicating qualifications required for direct entry and for internal or in-service entry;
- Outline progression criteria or requirements for each job;
- Outline competency and training and development requirement for each job;
- Establish salary grade/range attached to each job in consistent with the Public Sector Pay Policy; and
- Establish performance evaluation standard and criteria to support career progression
- The Consultant will be required to liaise with relevant public sector organization including the Ghana Public Service Commission and the Ministry of Finance and Economic Planning to ensure that the scheme is acceptable and implementable. The Consultant will also link with the Consulting Team carrying out the Capacity Needs Assessment and design of Human Resource Development Plans for the LSAs, to enhance consistency in the outcomes of the two assignments.
Duration: The assignment will be executed over a total of 9 week utilizing 2 man-months
Qualification and Requirements
The individual Consultant shall have:
- A Master’s degree in Human Resource Management/Development or related qualification
- At least 7 years hands on experience in civil service/public service administration on human resource systems including job analysis and evaluation and development of job descriptions; and
- Demonstrated experience in the development of Scheme of Service
- The Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources through the Lands Commission now invites eligible Individual consultants to indicate their interest in providing the services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.)
- A consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011).
- The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers, January 2011, setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
- A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Individual Consultant Selection method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
- Interested consultants may obtain further information at the address below during office hours 8:30 to 17:00 GMT.
- Expressions of interest shall be in English and must be delivered to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail)
Second Land Administration Project (LAP-2)
Project Coordinating Unit
Attn: Procurement Specialist
Ministry of Lands and Natural Resources
P. O. Box M212
Ministries Post Office, Accra, Ghana